The best way to potty train a puppy should be known well if you plan to adopt a puppy to live with you and your family. Having a puppy in your house is nice and relaxing. People with puppies in their house tend to be healthier in body and soul. If we get stressed at the office, we will have less tense just to see and play with them. We also will be more aware of having cleaner and healthier house with puppies inside. However, some people get more stressed because of their puppies inside their house. No, it is not the fault of the puppies it is the owner’s fault.
Most of them don’t know how to train their puppies especially when it comes to potty training. Their broken and torn rugs, the mess of the house and yards, and the stinky mess their puppies leave that the keepers have to deal with after their hard work at their office are probably the things that make the keepers send their puppies to the shelters. Training puppies to potty in the right place and at the right time is surely a must. This will make them and their parents—the keepers, feel happy together for a long time. So, how can we train our puppies to potty well?
The best way to potty train a puppy
- Have crates for your puppies with a right size. Why? If the crates are too small, they will have difficulty moving, and if the crates are too big, they will think it is fine to do anything inside including doing the eliminating.
- Consider newspaper and puppy pads to help them do the pooping. Puppies are still very young to do their business outside in a cold weather. So, using newspaper and puppy pads is a great idea to help them in cold weather. It is not that easy for sure, but with your commitment that reminds you all the time, you will feel happily do it. Accompany them when they do their business for the very first time. If it is possible you can show them how to do it by acting. This will be very funny to do it, but surely it will work well.
- Have a regular schedule. This is very important for you to schedule of when your puppies have to do their toilet business.
- Know that puppies have different time for doing their toilet business. A six-month old puppy can hold their toilet business about six hours, so train it to go to its toilet every six hours. Step by step they will know how to do it properly.
The best time to set up a schedule for your puppies’ toilet business:
- First thing in the morning after they wake up
- Before going to sleep at nights
- After waking up from naps
- After playing with toys and chewing bones
- After spending time in their crates
- After eating and drinking
- Have regular time for feeding and break up the feeding times into three small meals in different time. Remember, your puppies’ digestive systems haven’t been mature yet. If your puppies have abnormal dirt, like too bulky, too loose, and so stinky, you may have to go to your vet and ask if the dog food you buy for them is good for them or not.
- Exercise your puppies regularly by walking around your yards with special toys for them to catch to make them run to the toys, etc. If you are too busy, you will have to hire someone to do it for you.
Are you more persistent to adopt a puppy for you and your family after reading this article? Remember, adopting a puppy takes commitment, so stick to it to have a happy family with a puppy to raise and complete your life in a great, clean and healthy house. It is greater if the article about the best way to potty train a puppy gives you inspiration and broadens your knowledge.